Kapton Polyimide Heaters-Custom/Bespoke Kapton Polyimide Heaters
What is Kapton™ (Polyimide) Film?
Kapton Film has been around since the late 1960’s. Besides its great abrasion resistant properties polyimide film is an organic polymer that is suitable for extreme/harsh temperature environments. Typically from -319℉ to +392℉ (-195℃ to +200℃). Polyimide film also has very high dielectric strength capabilities along with low outgassing properties making it suitable in vacuum environments. Along with the above, its flexibility, thin profile, low mass and precision/even heat distribution make it an excellent choice for etched foil kapton heater circuits.
Product Description of Custom/Bespoke Kapton (Polyimide) Film Heaters
Kapton polyimide film heaters are custom/bespoke manufactured using etched foil track technology. With etched foil kapton (polyimide) heaters, chemically etched resistive foils are used. The advanced computer designed etched foil circuit pattern is then laminated or bonded between two sheets of polyimide insulating film.
Benefits of custom/bespoke kapton (polyimide) etched foil film heaters are as follows:
- The transparent polyimide film allows easy visual inspection of the internal etched foil track or circuit
- Polyimide film is known for superior tensile strength and resistance
- Kapton (Polyimide) Heaters are resistant to radiation and fungus and hence can be used in commercial and
- Kapton polyimide films ultra thin structure, light weight and small thermal mass transfers heat quickly
and evenly. It further allows installation in environments where space and weight contraints must be met
- Custom (bespoke) kapton polyimide heaters allow for higher power densities from 1W/sq. in to as high as 50W/sq. in.
- Due to polyimide films excellent physical and electrical properties a thermal stability can be achieved
over wide temperature ranges
- Bespoke kapton polyimide heaters use, advanced circuit imaging and printing combined with chemical
etching of the foil track which allows engineers and designers the flexibility to distribute
wattage, allow for precise heat distribution and create multiple heat patterns within
a single heater.
- Kapton heaters conform to almost any shape and are formable, flexible/bendable and bondable
All custom (bespoke) kapton (polyimide) film heaters are built to order, but rush delivery is available. In most cases, NPH can deliver custom kapton (polyimide) heaters within 72-96 hours. All NPH flexible heaters are available with custom design modification. Custom designs are welcome. Please contact us with your requirements.
Kapton Film Flexible Heaters: Specifications, Manuals, Technical Letters & Tips: